When Joe Biden and Paul Ryan leave the stage in Kentucky tonight following their vice presidential debate, do yourself a favor: turn off the TV. The singular element that makes such events so unique – the utter unpredictability of what will happen for those 90 short minutes – evaporates the moment the channel switches from the debate floor to the spin rooms.
There is virtually nothing as tired and repetitive as television debate coverage. I know this because I’ve seen plenty of it.
Read the rest of it at Left Call.
- Danville, Kentucky to host the only vice-presidential debate (realtalkrealdebate.wordpress.com)
- Pre-debate arguments now underway ahead of VP debate (fox6now.com)
- Which Joe Biden will show up? (jsonline.com)
- Could Biden hit Ryan too hard? (politico.com)
- Ryan: Biden Will ‘Come Flying at Us’ (nationalreview.com)