On the neighborhood divisions caused by filmmaker George Lucas’ plan to sell property in ultra-wealthy Marin County to house low-income residents:
The staunchest opponents of Lucasfilm’s expansion are now being accused of driving away the filmmaker and opening the door to a low-income housing development. That has created an atmosphere that one opponent, who asked not to be identified, saying she feared for her safety, described as “sheer terror” and likened to “Syria.”
The 1%: they’re just like us, only they’re in so much more danger.
- A Pyrrhic Victory for Foes of a New Lucasfilm Project (nytimes.com)
- George Lucas: “I’ve been surprised to see some people characterize this as vindictive.” (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Development Watch: George Lucas Wants Low-Income Housing at Grady Ranch (sf.curbed.com)
- George Lucas Has Last Word in Land Battle (abcnews.go.com)
- When the 1 Percent Have Temper-Tantrums, George Lucas Edition (nationalreview.com)