From an opinion piece on the web site of Haaretz:
The Netanyahu-Obama meeting in two weeks will be definitive. If the U.S. president wants to prevent a disaster, he must give Netanyahu iron-clad guarantees that the United States will stop Iran in any way necessary and at any price, after the 2012 elections. If Obama doesn’t do this, he will obligate Netanyahu to act before the 2012 elections.
The moral responsibility for what may happen does not lie with the heirs of Chaim Weizmann and David Ben-Gurion. The moral responsibility will be borne by the man sitting in the chair that was once Franklin Roosevelt’s.
That’s funny. I could’ve sworn that Israel had its own government, whose job it is to protect the nation from external threats. I must have missed the memo where that responsibility was passed on to Obama.
- Another Drumbeat Heard From (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Israeli Liberals: All Because of the Arabs (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Still a clear and present danger…… (israelsurvivalupdates.wordpress.com)
- Netanyahu calls top US general a servant of Iran (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Peres denies being against Iran strike – Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)
- Netanyahu: Iran is closer to a nuclear bomb than people think – Ha’aretz (haaretz.com)